Editing Blog for Final Project: Cutting Shots

 Today was the first day that my group began our editing process for our Final Project. Having satisfactorily completed and compiled all of our final shots into one place, we were able to begin our editing process using iMovie, a software on iPhone which all of my groupmembers had previous experience with and was perfect for what we had in mind. In previous projects, this had been a relatively quick and simple process for everyone involved, as there were relatively few clips to edit and only basic audio to overlay on the clips. For this project, though, things were both easier and more complex. Fortunately, the majority of the audio was already in the actual film clips themselves, meaning that there was no need or strain to embed the actual diegetic audio. However, many of the clips were out of order, so I had to begin organizing them as another one of my groupmembers followed up with the editing of the clips. Once I had successfully organized all of the clips in order, and deleted the repeats of scenes that had accidentally been included in the album, I moved on to assisting with the editing process, primarily as I offered input on where and how scenes should be cut. I also attempted to begin the search for audio cues and royalty-free music online, but it was somewhat impossible to acquire these clips without first having the film complete, and the places that my group wants sound defined. Since I was without success on acquiring any fitting sound bytes, I went back to assisting with and offering input on the actual editing process. Once we had completely used the time allotted, we had only completed the editing for about half of our project and will require further time to complete it. One of my groupmembers may work on it over break, or we may wait until we are back in school to complete.



Comments