Filming Blog for Final Project: Base Shots

 Due to time constraints posed by group members, we couldn't film many shots, so we filmed the few shots that took place in the area meant to be the Base in the actual film. To achieve the effect that my group was picturing, we used a nearby crafts store to acquire materials that we would use to create elements of the set that would perpetuate the futuristic aesthetic my group was aiming to create. I personally participated in the sketching and tracing of these materials while my groupmates helped arrange them. Since I finished my task before theirs, I helped look for some resources online which could create the radar effect that figured heavily into some of our scenes. I found several resources but there was one which was the obvious superior, so I went with that option as the one that my group would use. Once we were done with the creation and arranging of the background elements, we went to filming the actual scene. This was a scene which did not involve my participation (in terms of actually acting in front of camera), so I mostly participated in the filming. Since one of my other group mates was doing the filming itself, I helped figure out and identify the "blockings," which, in essentiality, indicated where the individual who was handling the filming would stand, and how they would handle the camera, in order to accurately capture and portray the angles and distances which were intended in the respective scenes. I also demonstrated my interpretations for a particularly difficult scene. Once the filming for the scenes were completed, we reviewed the scenes as a group and I helped identify several scenes require a reshooting- one scene had poor lighting at the time it was filmed, throwing a glare over a crucial element of the scene (a computer screen). Several more needed to be reshot simply to improve the acting, or the timing needed to be adjusted in some way. Once the reshoots had been satisfactorily completed, scenes 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, and 30 were finished. 



Comments