Filming Blog for Final Project: Redone Shots and Voiceovers

     For today's filming, my group was mostly redoing shots and completing all our necessary voiceovers. After my group had filmed our previous "Base" Shots, one of my group members did more research in regards to what program we could use to display on the computer in the relevant shots, and discovered a program that offered capabilities more in line with what my group was hoping to achieve. After some collaborative discussion to decide whether or not each individual member found it worth it to redo the Base shots, we eventually agreed that it'd likely be worth it to improve the quality of our overall project, even though this did mean we'd have to collaborate and decide on yet another day to meet up at the same house in order to recapture the shots. Once we had finally coordinated and met up, we filmed the scenes, basically identically to before. I'd also helped create some more realistic background pieces in the interim between filming, again to help my project's quality. These background pieces had been arranged accordingly as we filmed. The filming of the Base shots actually took longer than it had the first time around, since there was a lesser air of urgency surrounding the filming procedure. Once my group had satisfactorily completed the reshooting of the Base shots, we moved on to completing the voiceovers. There are several voiceovers in the project- one of them is narration over establishing shots, and the rest are commentary which are, in the context of the film, being produced through a communication device. The narration was to be performed by my character, and we used a simple recording application of a phone to capture it. Once we had the narration, we had to capture the communications. During this process I mostly helped by providing the script so my group mate could read off it.



Comments